General Tips To Try Before Requesting Maintenance
The following is a partial list of situations that may occur, which are not emergencies: appliance malfunction, lockouts, leaking faucets, roof leaks or pest issues. The property owner is not responsible for loss of food or for alternative lodging due to appliance failure.
If an electrical appliance isn't working
- Make sure it’s plugged into outlet
- Check circuit breaker
- Push the reset button on the GFI outlet.
If an electrical outlet does not work
- The light switch may activate the outlet. Try plugging an appliance into the outlet and turn on your light switch.
- If it still doesn’t work, check the circuit breakers.
If the garage door remote doesn't work
- Push the stationary button inside the garage. If that works, it’s most likely the batteries in the remote that need replacing.
- If the stationary button doesn’t work, make sure the lights are green on the electric eyes (located near the bottom of the rails on either side of the garage door). If they are misaligned, the lights will not be green and the garage door will not go down. You can try adjusting one or the other until both electric eyes are green.
- If something is blocking the electric eyes this will also prohibit the operation of the garage door.
If your AC compressor is frozen
- Shut the unit off until it thaws.
- Restart unit after completely thawed.
If there's a leak in your plumbing
- Be sure to put something under the leak to catch the water until maintenance can fix it.
If your toilet doesn't flush
- You can use a bucket of cold water to flush it until maintenance can get there to fix it. Caution: Use only cold water. Hot or warm water can crack the toilet.
If your toilet is clogged
- Your lease requires you to have a plunger available to unclog your toilet. If clog is severe and cannot be fixed by plunging, please fill out the maintenance request form.
If there is no hot water
- Check your circuit breaker to make sure it hasn’t tripped.
- If that’s not the problem, report the problem using the form below.
If your locks seem tight and hard to open
- Don’t force it. Be sure to report the problem using the form below.
What Is a Maintenance Emergency?
If you have a situation other than these, which seems immediately hazardous, damaging or detrimental to either you or the property, please call our answering service and report the problem.
Call the Fire Department immediately at 911.
Air Conditioning Repair
A/C repair is not considered an emergency. In the event that you have a health related issue, call 911.
If outside temperature falls below 32 degrees.
Clogged Toilet or Drain
If the toilet is overflowing, your first action is to turn off the water at the valve located at the base of the toilet. As stated in your lease, it is your responsibility to have a plunger for your unit to dislodge the clog.
Locate and turn off water valve to pipe or exterior water main until contractor arrives.
Broken Doorknob, Lock or Window
Only if it prevents resident from properly securing unit. If temporary measures can be taken, report the problem during normal business hours.
If the entire residence has no electricity;
- Call your electric company to be sure they are not at fault and that you have activated the service.
- After checking all the breakers by switching them to the OFF position and then back ON, reset all GFI circuits in the house. Partial outages do not represent an emergency. If a wall switch or outlet begins to smoke or smell, immediately call the fire department.